August 23, 2011
Here are just a few simple things that business owners and staff should do before leaving for a hurricane:
- turn off and unplug all UPSs, computers, monitors, printers, etc and place on desks, cover with plastic if available
- try not to leave on the floor. Servers left on are not to be covered with plastic.
- take backups disks to a safe location and ensure you put them in ziploc bags
- ensure generators are fully fueled so servers continue to run ensuring email does not go down
- make note of our emergency numbers of your IT department.