Another 23 COVID deaths confirmed

Share |

October 07, 2021

Twenty-three new COVID-19 deaths were recorded in the country between Monday and Tuesday, pushing the nation's toll to 582 since the start of the pandemic.

The latest COVID-19 deaths happened between August 10 and October 2, according to data released in the Ministry of Health’s latest dashboards.
# Health officials said four deaths that were previously under investigation have now been reclassified as COVID-19 deaths.
# The deaths confirmed on Monday include 15 New Providence residents, one resident from Mayaguana and one from Andros for a total of 17. Meanwhile, Tuesday saw six virus deaths recorded, all of whom are from New Providence
# Of the New Providence deaths reported on Monday, they are a 65-year-old man who died September 10; a 81-year-old man and 56-year-old man who both died September 17; a 61-year-old man who died September 19; a 57-year-old woman and 55-year-old man who both died September 20; a 68-year-old woman and 41-year-old man who died on September 23; a 60-year-old man who died on September 27; two women, both aged 57, who died on September 28; a 34-year-old woman who died September 29 and a 73-year-old woman, 35-year-old man and 83-year-old woman who all died October 2.
# The other deaths include a 67-year-old man from Andros who died August 10 and a 63-year-old woman from Mayaguana who died October 2.
#In Tuesday’s dashboard, the ministry said a 42-year-old woman died on September 13; two men, aged 81 and 56, died on September 17; a 79-year-old man died September 28, and another two men, aged 47 and 38, died on September 29. The victims were all from New Providence.
# The spike in deaths comes as virus cases continue to trend downward—though this newspaper has observed a slight uptick in infections on several Family Islands in recent days. Health officials were unable to provide comment when contacted by this newspaper yesterday.
# However, it was reported that 53 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Monday and 43 on Tuesday, bringing the nation’s total count to 21,458.

The latest COVID-19 deaths happened between August 10 and October 2, according to data released in the Ministry of Health’s latest dashboards.

Health officials said four deaths that were previously under investigation have now been reclassified as COVID-19 deaths.

The deaths confirmed on Monday include 15 New Providence residents, one resident from Mayaguana and one from Andros for a total of 17. Meanwhile, Tuesday saw six virus deaths recorded, all of whom are from New Providence

Of the New Providence deaths reported on Monday, they are a 65-year-old man who died September 10; a 81-year-old man and 56-year-old man who both died September 17; a 61-year-old man who died September 19; a 57-year-old woman and 55-year-old man who both died September 20; a 68-year-old woman and 41-year-old man who died on September 23; a 60-year-old man who died on September 27; two women, both aged 57, who died on September 28; a 34-year-old woman who died September 29 and a 73-year-old woman, 35-year-old man and 83-year-old woman who all died October 2.

The other deaths include a 67-year-old man from Andros who died August 10 and a 63-year-old woman from Mayaguana who died October 2.

In Tuesday’s dashboard, the ministry said a 42-year-old woman died on September 13; two men, aged 81 and 56, died on September 17; a 79-year-old man died September 28, and another two men, aged 47 and 38, died on September 29. The victims were all from New Providence.

The spike in deaths comes as virus cases continue to trend downward—though this newspaper has observed a slight uptick in infections on several Family Islands in recent days. Health officials were unable to provide comment when contacted by this newspaper yesterday.

However, it was reported that 53 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Monday and 43 on Tuesday, bringing the nation’s total count to 21,458.

 

Click here to read more at The Tribune

News date : 10/07/2021    Category : Covid-19, Tribune Stories

Share |

 

Ads