June 21, 2021
Prime Minister Dr. Hubert Minnis announced the relaxation of a number of COVID-19 restrictions, including curfew changes and additional perks for fully vaccinated individuals.
The following daily curfew changes will go into effect tonight:
- On New Providence - 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- On Grand Bahama -12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- On Abaco - 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- On Cat Island -10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- On North and Central Andros - 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- There is no longer be a curfew on the Berry Islands and South Andros which includes Mangrove Cay.
- The PCR test requirement for travel from Cat Island, Grand Bahama and Andros will be
-The $10 charge for a travel health visa for fully vaccinated Bahamians returning to The Bahamas will be removed effective July 1st, 2021.
-On New Providence, funeral and memorial services will now be permitted in a church or other indoor facility in accordance with the health protocols of the BCC guidelines approved by the Ministry of Health.
-Repasts are still not permitted on New Providence and Paradise Island, Grand Bahama, mainland Abaco, Eleuthera, Harbour Island, and Great and Little Exuma.
PERKS FOR FULLY VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS
- Private gatherings and other social events in your homes and elsewhere may now be held provided that all attendees are fully vaccinated.
-Wedding receptions will now be permitted on New Providence and Grand Bahama, provided that all attendees are fully vaccinated
-The hosts of wedding receptions, private gatherings and other social events will be responsible for verifying that guests are fully vaccinated. Hosts and guests will be subject to fines for non-compliance.