We ran out of cash, say two groups in parade

Share |

January 03, 2019

 

TWO major Junkanoo groups yesterday blamed a lack of funding for their decision to scrap participation in the 2019 New Year’s Day Junkanoo parade.
Despite previous reports that Music Makers and Prodigal Sons had been disqualified from participating in the parade, officials from both Category A groups said seed funding from the government was simply insufficient and forced their choice to sit out.

TWO major Junkanoo groups yesterday blamed a lack of funding for their decision to scrap participation in the 2019 New Year’s Day Junkanoo parade.
Despite previous reports that Music Makers and Prodigal Sons had been disqualified from participating in the parade, officials from both Category A groups said seed funding from the government was simply insufficient and forced their choice to sit out.

 

Click here to read more at The Tribune

News date : 01/03/2019    Category : About Bahamians, Art, Culture, Tribune Stories

Share |

 

Ads