May 09, 2018
The government will dedicate $2 million in the upcoming budget year to expand Gladstone Road in order to alleviate traffic congestion, said Minister of Public Works Desmond Bannister yesterday.
The announcement follows the government’s decision to close access to Munnings Road from Gladstone Road and backlash from some commuters who have said that the road closure has created inconvenience during peak traffic times.
Speaking to The Nassau Guardian on the matter outside Cabinet, Bannister said that residents of the area wrote to the Ministry of Public Works requesting that the road be closed.
“What happened is, on December 14 of last year, the presidents of three of those associations for those subdivisions, the Emerald Coast subdivision, Killarney Shores subdivision and South Westridge Association, wrote to the Ministry of Public Works and they complained about a number of things,” he noted.
Click here to read more at The Nassau Guardian