May 01, 2012
WRITTEN BY CHITRA PENNERMAN
Pinewood Young Professionals Organization Launched
On March 28 2012, The Pinewood Young Professionals Organization (PYPO) was launched to meet the desires of young professionals with in the Pinewood community. The launch of PYPO, has attracted residents between the ages of 18 to 40 year and to date, members includes construction workers, doctors, lawyers, bankers, customer service reps., and unemployed residents.
Khaalis E. Rolle, the Pinewood PLP Candidate and former Chairman of the Bahamas Chamber of Commerce and Employers Confederation is passionate about developing the youth of our country and continues to do so through the PYPO. “It is a non-political organization that is designed to capture the collective, talent, energy and vision of young people,” he explained. “At our launch we had 40 members register and they are excited at the networking opportunities that lie ahead.”
The objectives of the Pinewood Young Professional Organization include:
· Assist in improving the image and social conditions of all residents of Pinewood
· Develop a network of young upwardly mobile professionals throughout the community
· Assist in identifying and implementing programs to improve personal and professional development for PYPO members
· Develop a mentorship program for school students in your chosen profession and,
· Work with different agencies and entities to secure scholarship opportunities for young people from Pinewood.
The Pinewood Young Professional Organization is also an opportunity for career minded individuals to develop socially, civically and professionally. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Khaalis Rolle. PLP Candidate, Pinewood Gardens (in blue shirt) and new members of the Pinewood Young Professionals Organization
Adrian and Selina Evans discussing opportunities for the PYPO