- Company: Insurance Company Of The Bahamas Limited (ICB)
- Address: 33 Collins Avenue
- Town: Nassau
- P.O. Box:
- Island: Nassau / Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Phone: 242-326-3100
- Phone 2: 242-326-3130
- Fax: 242-326-3132
- Website: http://www.icbbahamas.com
- Visit : http://www.icbbahamas.com
- Email this business
- Edit business information
- Write a review
- Add this business to favorites
The intention behind establishing ICB was that it would ultimately write the JSJ book of business written by GAFLAC, the latter having announced its intention to effect a strategic withdrawal from the Caribbean region in 1996. Under a tripartite agreement, JSJ transferred the GAFLAC portfolio to ICB over a four year period. The process was completed at the end of year 2000 at which time GAFLAC disposed of its ICB shareholding to JSJ and other local shareholders, under a buy-back agreement. J.S. Johnson now holds 40 of the shares in ICB.
In December 2005, the Company moved from its temporary Nassau location in the Plaza, on Mackey Street to its new permanent home at 33 Collins Avenue. The following year represented a milestone for ICB as the Company completed its tenth full year of operations.