Albury's Ferry began operation on February 18, 1959, the day the airport opened in Marsh Harbour. The first ferry was the "Junonia", a 40 foot Maine built lobster boat. The service was started by Marcell Albury with Ritchie Albury as the first captain. As the service grew additional boats were built of wood at the yards of Edwin Albury on Man-O-War.
The switch from wood construction to fiberglass began 21 years ago. Today the fleet is made up of twelve "Donnies", wide body fiberglass diesel powered boats built to Albury's Ferry specifications in Florida.
Our latest, Donnie XII joined the fleet in anuary of 2008. All ferries are semi-enclosed, licensed and inspected, and operated by experienced and licensed captains. Equipment includes life jackets, VHF radio, fire extinguishing equipment, and first aid supplies. The boats fall into four size catagories, 34', 39', 45' and 51'.
Wrong info? click here to let us know
Reviews and ratings
No Reviews yet, be the first one to review this Business.