Embassy of Cuba
Wrong info? click here to let us know
|Monday||9:30 am - 6:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am - 6:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am - 6:30 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am - 6:30 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am - 6:30 am|
|Saturday||-- closed --|
|Sunday||-- closed --|
Cuba is a Caribbean Sea island whose greatest treasure is its people and natural beauty within a framework of peace and citizen safety unparalleled in the world.
Cuba has a tradition of 285 years of medical training, with more than 100,000 Cuban and foreign physicians from more than 80 countries graduated in the last 50 years.
Cuban medical education offers the world its experience in the Health Sciences, backed by the 50-year presence in over 100 countries for the benefit of broad and most vulnerable sectors of the population and the foundation of more than a dozen medical schools all through the world.
Medical education in Cuba comprises training in 5 Health Sciences careers: Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Health Technology (8 different profiles) and Health Psychology
There are 13 medical universities and multiple teaching and research centers that offer the possibility to meet the undergraduate training needs at the request of governments, institutions, groups or individuals.
For Undergrad Studies:
• Certificate of pre university studies, High School or its equivalent level according to the country of origin.
• CV (Curriculum Vitae)
• Ten (10) 1x1 inch size photos
• Birth certificate attesting that the applicant is between 18 and 35 years of age, duly legalized by the Embassy of Cuba in the country of origin.
• Document from the country of origin certifying that the applicant has no criminal record, legalized by the Embassy of Cuba in the country of origin.
• Health Certificate legalized by the Embassy of Cuba in the country of origin, stating that the applicant does not have any illness that invalidates him/her for studying in our country, according to the list of invalidating diseases. See ANNEX 1
• Health Insurance bought to Cuban agency ASISTUR, which can be purchased before or immediately after the arrival to Cuba. Some health insurances bought in the country you come from are equivalent to those sold by ASISTUR in Cuba. To verify is yours is valid you just have to present it to ASISTUR at your arrival)
• Presentation of proof of payment for the first year of the career or the academic activity you are going to begin with e.g. Spanish and pre med course .
All these requirements are mandatory for enrolment to be official.
The universities reserve the right to admission.
To meet the requirements for enrolment in the Universities of Medical Sciences, applicants should provide for expenses not covered in the price of academic services, such as:
Legalization of documents to be delivered which costs should be coordinated with the Embassy of Cuba in the country of origin
Academic visa whose costs must be coordinated with the Embassy of Cuba in the country of origin. This requires sending emails to contact SMC officials email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 30 days before the proposed date of travel with the following information:
Date and place of birth
Home Address and email
Number of passport
Date of issue of passport
Date of expiry of passport