Located in TAX FREE Freeport, Grand Bahama, a short 28 minutes flight from South Florida (Miami/Fort Lauderdale)
- Two like new buildings completed in 2008. Former site of a window manufacturer and a rubber extrustion manufacturer.
- Both structures are built to Miami-Dade code enforcement standards for hurricane safe facillities.
- Built FIVE feet above the historic flood plain, the buildings sit on four acres of land centrally located in the heart of Freeport's Industrial center, minutes from one of the world largest man-made ports and deepest in the region centrally located at the intersection of major North American, South American, Far East and European tade routes.
- The Freeport Grand Bahama Airport, the large private airport in the world, is less than a mile away.
- This Bonded area site falls under the Grand Bahama Port Authority jurisdiction for licencing, guaranting long-term tax concession and benefits for commerical and industrial enterprises.
- Includes 3 generators capable of running both factories, 24 hours a day.
- Building #1 25,800 sq feet of interior space.
- Building #2 20,000 sq. feet of interior space
- 2 ton overhead Gantry crane covers 3200 sq. feet of building #1.
- Multiple elevated loading docks, one ramp.
- Both factories ceiling height at 30 feet
- Men's and Women's toilets in both factories
- Kitchens, lunchrooms, cafe/canteen
- 4800 sq foot air conditioned offices
- Secure storage rooms, air conditioned interior work rooms, production offices
- Reception area
- Second story reception area/open office space
- Office space for more than 13 cubicals
- Managers/owners office in both buildings
- Elevated storage
- Climate controlled labratory
- Interior secure storage space.
- Heavy duty security doors and locks
- Hurricane impact resistant windows and doors
The modern production facilities are some of the newest on the island. Each building is equipped with fire alarm/sprinkler system, smoke detector, air-conditioning, exhaust fans, insulation, security surveillance system, gated secure 2 acre (4 lot/2 lot) fenced compound, separate men's and women's rooms in each building, lunch and conference rooms, separate offices, in excess of 40 parking spaces, 3 raised loading docks, one raised ramp, and dual entrances for easy tractor trailer turnaround.
Real Estate Company : HG Christie Real Estate
Established in 1922, H.G. Christie Ltd. is the oldest and most extensive real estate service in The Bahamas and because of our consistently high level of service, we are also the exclusive affiliate in The Bahamas of Christie's Great Estates, the real estate arm of the world-renowned Christie's Auction House.
We have an incomparable collection of listings for your consideration, and we would be pleased to help you discover your own way to enjoy Elegant Island Living.
Real Estate Agent : John Christie
- John Christie
- 242-322-1041 x228 (office) 242-357-7572 (cell)
John Christie was born on November 10, 1963. He attended St. Andrew's School in Nassau and later The Millfield School in Somerset, England, where he received his "O" and "A" Level exams. In 1987 he graduated with a B. A. in Music and Social Science from Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts. After graduation, John spent six years living in Northampton and Boston, running a small moving business and pursuing a career in music where he was the lead for a successful band, "The Floating Boats", that performed throughout the northeastern United States.
In 1993 he returned to The Bahamas to join H. G. Christie Ltd., where his father, Peter, is President. The first task that John set himself was to update all technology being used by the firm. An early believer in the power of the Internet, he then spearheaded the creation of a website for the company and, in 1995, H. G. Christie Ltd. became the first local real estate firm to go online. For many years, this site was the only one of its kind to be interactive, allowing users to search through the company's extensive portfolio of properties.
Today, www.hgchristie.com -- which has more than 2,400 listings and is updated daily -- has become a crucial component of the firm's business. In 2003, the site swept the First Annual Bahamas Web Awards, taking home the coveted Best of The Bahamas Award, the Best Programmer Award, and the Judges top prize in the Non-Tourism category.
John is currently overseeing HGChristie's continuing expansion in the Out Islands of The Bahamas, which his great uncle -- the founder of the company, Sir Harold George Christie, K.T., C.B.E. -- did so much to promote during his lifetime. John is a fully licensed real estate broker and has served as Director of the Bahamas Real Estate Association (BREA), where he continues to take professional courses. A skilled photographer, John shoots many of the pictures for HGChristie's website and additional promotional materials. His other hobbies include sailing, hiking and snow skiing. John lives in Nassau and has two sons, Dylan and Kai.