PMH takes a major hit

Share |

April 24, 2020

Health Minister Dr. Duane Sands revealed yesterday that more than 200 health care workers are in quarantine after possible exposure to COVID-19, including 96 doctors and 62 nurses from Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH).


During a virtual press conference, Sands also said that of the 72 confirmed cases of the virus, 15 are health workers.


Many of the 200 workers are connected to an incident at PMH in which a patient tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week.


“In total, more than 200 health care workers are in quarantine,” Sands said.


“However, we believe that upon completion of our risk assessment activity, this number is expected to be reduced dramatically.”


In addition to the 96 doctors and 62 nurses, nearly 50 other workers across other departments at PMH are also in quarantine.


These include 12 rehab (including respiratory tech) workers, nine radiologists, one person in facility management, eight people from the laboratory, four emergency medical technicians and one porter.

Click here to read more at The Nassau Guardian

News date : 04/24/2020    Category : Covid-19, About Bahamians, Accident/Emergency, Nassau Guardian Stories

Share |

 

Ads