November 11, 2009
Nygard Cay burns to the ground.
It has been confirmed that the opulent home of world famous Canadian designer, Peter Nygard, located in Lyford Cay, caught on fire and burnt to the ground between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. this morning. Fortunately, there were no casualties but foul play is not being ruled out. As more details unfold we shall update you.
Some updates taken from ZNS News
- The fire started at around 3:00 a.m. this morning.
-Lyford Cay fire department responded but had to call in 3 additional trucks from the police fire unit.
- Rooms housing clothing were damaged.
- Fire started in the northwestern side of the club area.
- Firefighters estimate that they will be there until maybe 7pm tonight
- The fire is controlled but not out.
- Initial damage reports are said to be about $1 million although not explicitly known as per the fire chief.
- Police are ruling out arson for now and at the time of the blaze only security was on the property.
- Peter Nygard was not in the Bahamas at the time but is expected to return sometime in the next 24 hours.
click here for the next update.
News date : 11/11/2009