THIS IS A NEWS ITEM ON TROPICAL DEPRESSION DEBBY ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY AT NOON EDT, WEDNESDAY, 27TH JUNE, 2012.
… DEBBY MOVING AWAY FROM FLORIDA … HEAVY RAINS THREAT DECREASING…
AT 11:00 AM EDT…THE CENTER OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION DEBBY WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 29.7 °N AND LONGITUDE 79.8 °W OR ABOUT 90 MILES EAST OF SAINT AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA.
THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST NEAR 10 MILES PER HOUR. A TURN TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO WITH SOME INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED. ON THE FORECAST TRACK…DEBBY SHOULD CONTINUE TO MOVE AWAY FROM FLORIDA AND THE BAHAMAS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS. LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
THE NEXT NEWS ITEM WILL BE ISSUED AT 6PM EDT.
PREPARED BY FORECASTER: GEOFFREY GREENE
(11:45AM EDT WEDNESDAY 27TH JUNE 2012).
News Item On Tropical Depression Debby Noon Wednesday 27th June 2012
News by Category
- About Bahamians
- Caribbean News
- Press Releases
- Public Works/Infrastructure
- Video News
- World News
- Bahamas Local Stories
- Bahama Islands Info Stories
- Nassau Guardian Stories
- Tribune Stories
- The Bahamas Investor Stories
Most Read Today
- Karpov at Bahamas chess event
- Developed nations continue to drag down businesses with higher corporation taxes than BRICs
- Where is the pride? Where is our Bahamian patriotism?
- Hon. Dr. Hubert A. Minnis on a walkabout in South Beach
- Anatol Rodgers High School officially opened two years after it opens its doors to students