Energy Supply Division
A vacancy exists in the Corporation ofr an Environmental Officer in the Safety & Environment Department - Energy Supply Division. The duties of this job involves ensuring compliance of the Corporation's activities with local legislation and the environmental policies of major international lending agencies, supervision environmental projects, promoting environmental awareness and investigating pollution complains bu the public.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising environmental projects including restoration and re-mediation of contaminated sites and providing timely written project progress reports;
- Promoting environmental and safety awareness by conduction job specific and general staff training:
- Conducting environmental audits of the Corporation's facilities which should include source and/or ambient measurements of noise, gaseous and aqueous emissions where applicable;
- Investigating and responding to pollution complaints by the general public, and responding to pollution complaints by the general public, and maintaining a log of such complaints corrective actions taken;
- Conducting environmental impact assessments for minor projects and assisting with EIAs (Environmental Impact Assessment) for major projects, ensuring compliance with local and international environment policies;
- Analyzing technical reports including EIAs, preparations of environmental briefs and evaluation of pre-tender environmental factors;
- Designing, implementing and monitoring systems to ensure acceptable waste management and pollution mitigating measures;
- Providing monthly progress and annual reports to the Safety & Environment Manager on all environmental activities.