HURRICANE SEASON BEGINS JUNE 1st!! BE PREPARED!
ClickHERE Download Hurricane Guide
2012 Hurricane Preparedness POSTER CONTEST Sponsored by
Killarney FNM Team GRAND PRIZE: Two (2) WINNERS will receive Hurricane Supply Kits
“Hurricane Season – Preparedness Starts with Me”
Note: Posters will become the property of The Killarney Constituency Office DIVISIONS:
Division #1: Sixth through Eighth Grade*
Division #2: Ninth through Twelfth Grade*
*grade that student will complete in June 2012
2012 HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS POSTER CONTEST
1. The contest theme is: “Hurricane Season – Preparedness Starts with Me”
2. Posters should promote hurricane preparedness and encourage being prepared for emergencies in the home, school and community.
3. Posters can be letter sized and must not exceed 36 inches x 24 inches.
4. Posters are to be completed by student, without assistance.
5. Only one (1) entry per student.
6. Nothing but the artwork and the theme are to appear on the front of the poster. Attach the enclosed registration form, including the student’s name on the back of the poster.
7. Posters should not contain television or movie cartoon characters.
8. Computer-generated entries ARE acceptable in the competition.
9. All posters should be turned in at the Killarney Constituency Office, no later than 5pm on July 27th, 2012
11. A panel of judges from various national disaster agencies will be asked to select the winning posters based on originality, clarity of message and design. The decision of the judges is final.
12. A Disaster Supply Kit will be awarded to the winner of each of the two (2) entry categories. The winning posters will also be used on the Killarney Constituency Association Preparedness’website for the 2012 Hurricane Season.
13. Must be a Killarney Resident to enter and win