April 11, 2012
It's Election time, and some very serious decisions are going to be made in the nation on May 7th.
We are inviting anyone who believes in prayer to join us by praying three (3) times a day and fasting every Wednesday until May 7th.
WHAT TO PRAY FOR
1. National: Pray that men and women who know God, and the candidate of God's choosing, will be elected in every constituency. "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people." ~ Proverbs 14:34 "When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan." ~ Proverbs 29:2
2. Voters: Pray that each citizen will be convicted to vote for the man of God's choosing. Pray that God's Spirit will overshadow each one as he makes his decision. "And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide ... by what his ears hear." ~ Isaiah 11:2-3
3. Election officials: Pray that every official involved in the election process will serve with honesty and integrity of heart. "The Lord abhors dishonest scales, but accurate weights are his delight." ~ Proverbs 11:1
4. Those praying: Pray that God will energize and empower his people to call out to him day and night in extraordinary prayer during this season. "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a Spirit of grace and supplication." ~ Zechariah 12:10
5. The Church: Pray that the Church will be full awakened, engaged and empowered during this critical season and understand the urgency and importance of this election and its implications for the advancement of God's purposes in our nation and around the world. "The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this." ~ Isaiah 9:7
6. Our nation: Pray that God's plans and purposes for our nation will be established during this election season. Pray that we will be a nation which follows God and is a blessing to the nations of the earth. "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." ~ Matthew 6: Remember, it’s the prayers of FAITH that lead to the move of God. We also need to be studying the Word of God. We need to pray fervently and consistently for God to move in our land.
Humbly, with a heart of repentance, we need to seek God’s face, His heart, and not just His hand.
Ask him to intervene and help us to turn from our wicked ways, because apart from Him we can do nothing. With God taking up residence, all things are possible!