April 03, 2012
Every company knows that phone calls MUST be answered. Why? Each caller might be a potential client or lead! Missing a call is NOT an option. Answering the call is not enough though, the call needs to be routed correctly and the caller needs to sense that he is valued and respected. How can this be achieved?
By ensuring that the following does not happen:
- Busy signal – A busy signal can indicate that you do not have enough lines to accommodate your clients. This can dissuade potential clients from calling you back, and thus you may lose business.
- No conference call option: Due to busy schedules and distance, sometimes a client might request a conference call. If you cannot accommodate this request, due to the lack of lines or features on your current phone system this client might take his business elsewhere.
- No music interlude – No one really likes to be told they have to “hold” but if you must put someone on “hold” at least make their time enjoyable with a well selected musical interlude or an informative message.
- No voicemail – When someone takes the time to call you it is because they want to talk to you. If you are not available then, they may keep trying to contact you or opt to leave a message. However, if you do not have a private voicemail, they may hesitate to leave you a message. The option to leave a message with the receptionist is an option, but wouldn’t it make more sense to have your own voicemail box?
- No voicemail options – Voicemail doesn’t benefit anyone if it’s not used correctly. If you have the voicemail to email option, you will be able to receive your voicemails automatically via email anywhere you are, and return that phone call right away.
- No direct extensions – When a client has a problem, they want to be able to reach you directly. Many times they ask for your direct number or extension. Allow your clients to have direct contact with you, not a receptionist or someone else that will have to transfer the call. You can utilize extensions or direct inward dialing so that you have your own direct phone number.
- No SNR – What is SNR? “Single Number Reach”. Perhaps there is an emergency at your client’s office and he does not want to leave a voicemail, but wants to speak to you! SNR will route their call to your cell phone automatically. This will increase their chances of reaching you.
Your clients/customers need to feel valued and this can be accomplished, in part, by offering great service and communication. If your current phone system lacks these features outlined above, your business will suffer. Enhanced features will allow you to offer great service and have an edge over your competition.
Replacing my phone system is too expensive?
You might think that this is the case, but it is more affordable than you think and investing in the proper phone system will boost your productivity and thus increase your potential to succeed!
Which phone system to choose?
There are a lot of phone systems brands; however the brand you choose should be synonymous with reliability, and quality. Cisco IP phone systems are just that, they are packed with the latest technology features and Cisco is synonymous with quality. Over 100,000 companies worldwide use Cisco Unified Communications, the #1 IP telephony and Enterprise voice system, including 85% of the Fortune 500 companies. Cisco’s line of SMB products makes it affordable for small business to have the technology of corporations at their fingertips and for an affordable price. At Xennix, we utilize the Cisco IP phone system and as partners we are proud to recommend you a Cisco IP Phone solution that is right for your business. If you are ready for the best in class communication system contact us today! www.xennix.com