A Dance For Life 2012
Saturday 23rd June 2012 9:00 PM
A Dance For Life
• ATLANTIS Imperial BALLROOM - 23 JUNE 2012
Bahamas & International
A Dance For Life 2012
A Dance Sport Spectacular
A Red Carpet Event
Black Tie Event
General Admission $75
Premium Ticket $200
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 @ The Atlantis Resort & Casino Imperial Ballroom, Paradise Island
ENTRY FORM GUIDELINES
All competition categories are “Open”; dancers may perform steps and choreography of their choosing; however lifts, drops or movements considered “inappropriate or dangerous” are not allowed with the exception of the Salsa Championship where tricks are allowed.
1. Choose the dance of your choice
2. Select the Age Category. (This is determined by the age of the oldest dancer in the partnership at the time of the event)
Divisions for Novices
- Under 12
- Under 18
- 18 and over
- 35 and over
Divisions for Salsa Championships
- Under 14
- Open (over 14 and no age limit)
3. Contested entries: All competitions are ‘contested’. You will be judged against other dancers in your category.
4. Freestyle- These events involve several couples (Pro - Am or Amateur), dancing one type of dance on the floor at the same time. You can expect 6 or more couples on the floor. The music will be played for one minute thirty seconds at standard tempos.
6. All participants are expected to wear dance costumes and ballroom dance shoes.
7. There will be prizes for the Championship Salsa division for first, second and third place.
Discounted ballroom admission for dancers: $60.00 per person;
Competition Dance Entry Fee: $10.00 per person
Minimum number of entries – three (3) Heats.
The deadline for entries and registration is 5th June 2012. (Note: No Entries can be accepted without receipt of fees)
Contact BSSN for assistance - firstname.lastname@example.org or 376 2776. If costumes are supplied by BSSN - Payments for shoe and costume orders must be paid in full.
The judges will award one couple per division (1st Place); one couple (2nd Place); one couple (3rd Place).
In addition to other awards, the winning couples in the Salsa Championship divisions for the Dance for A Life competition will be granted a fully paid dance scholarship for eight (8) lessons with the BSSN, (expires March 2013).
The organizers reserve the right to combine age groups if necessary.
SPOTLIGHT / Solo Routine
Cost – $75.00 per person general admission
Performance fee: $100.00
Choreographed routines performed by couples/groups to individual music shall not exceed two minutes including entrance and walk off – the music will be faded at two minutes. Music is to be provided by dancers in the form of CD, with only one musical number per disc. Appropriate costumes are expected. Be sure to test your music on a CD player (not computer) before bringing it to the competition.
Doors open at 8:30pm
Dinner: 7pm to 8:30pm / Show: 9:00pm
For Reservations please contact BSSN
364-4941 or 367-2776
List an event on BahamasLocal.com
If you know of any or would like to post an event or party please email us at email@example.com and we will be glad to add it to our event section.